Top Rated in Chicago, Cook County & Illinois
Top rated attorneys by Super Lawyer and AVVO
Criminal Defense Attorneys with trial experience
Former State Prosecutors are experienced and affordable
Located near Daley Center and available for all court appearances
The Advantage of Former Illinois Prosecutors
Criminal defense attorneys Michael Gruszeczki and Dustin Smith are both former prosecutors. Our clients have the advantage of our unique insight into the minds of the police and the prosecution. We know what the prosecution will argue and how the evidence will be presented at trial. We are familiar with police investigative techniques, procedures, and the manner in which the police testify in court. Our experience gives us an advantage when analyzing your case because we know how to find flaws in the prosecution’s case, and more importantly, we know how to use those flaws to your advantage. We leave no stone unturned.
With more than a decade of combined, in the trenches, criminal trial experience, your criminal defense lawyers at Gruszeczki and Smith Law can confidently handle a wide range of criminal defense. So, no matter what issue or charges you may be facing you can be confident that when you call Gruszeczki and Smith Law you are making the right call for yourself and those that depend on you.
The scope of our practice includes defending clients against charges of:
- DUI charges: We aggressively defend you against DUI charges whether you are facing first-time charges or are accused of multiple DWI offenses.
- Drug charges: Our attorneys have significant experience handling both state and federal drug crime charges. As former prosecutors, our attorneys know how to work within the system.
- Gun charges: Gun charges are serious business in Chicago and Illinois. Put our experience and expertise on your side.
- Traffic Violations: If you’re accused of driving a vehicle while your driver’s license is revoked or suspended, you could be facing time in jail or in prison.
- Other criminal charges: Including burglary, prostitution, assault, battery, theft, robbery, vehicular hijacking, kidnapping and possession of a stolen motor vehicle.